Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Path of Change

2017 has come and many of us have embraced it with open arms.  We prepared for the day before it by picking our finest clothes, fixing up our hair, and partaking in whatever traditions of our choosing. The festivities have simmered down and now we are faced with the days after and for some attempting to go through with their resolutions of change. I ask myself why should the celebration end? Everyday is anew and we have the celebration gifts to use: breath, freedom, mercy, grace, love and God, through His son, Yeshua, our King of Kings and the Holy Spirit who dwells within those who accept Him. 2017 is another page in our history for us to write or let be written. 

As I stop to think about resolutions for the new year, I ponder the quote I had read before and later on in my life at a time that was challenging, was reiterated by a friend:

Insanity: is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

When I look back at the patterns that I was raised with to live my life, I realize the redundant cycles left me wanting and empty... now within the enrichment of God's Holy Sacraments and path He has created for me, I realize that before doing the same thing over and over again without Him was insane. Now as I repetively do the same thing over and over again through Him, I have found peace, grace and His Agape love.  There is nothing more needed as a New Year Resolution, a New Day Resolution, but God. None of us are perfect, none of us are God... but we are all loved by God in the same way and He is waiting for us to love Him back.

Let 2017 be what God created it for you to be. There is only so much you can do with your own two hands, heart and brain... but making Him your center within life in turn helps you be all He made you to be, as His hands become your hands, His heart becomes your heart, and His thoughts become your thoughts.

Embrace God, embrace love, embrace 2017.

Mark David Grijalva Peres

No comments:

Post a Comment