Sunday, April 2, 2017

Little Girl?

“Little Girl?”
Looks as if she is
my youngest daughters age
holding her face together
with both her fragile hands
sitting on the stairs
while some walk up
and other walk down
luggage below her feet
“are those you parents there
Playing their hearts away
With instruments and song?”
wages for some food perhaps
your eyes look weary
did you not sleep
what happened?
Your parents play and sing well
Look around and listen
Little girl, do you speak?
Or do you choose
To rub away the sorrow
That is expressed with each facial sigh
I cannot say what is
For I have never sat
Upon the stairs
As people go up
And others go down
But there is no sense of frowning
Regardless of the disposition
Give some recognition
And understand that you can
And hope will rise to new situations
“Easier said than done?”
I know, I know
That is what I said
When I felt it was all said and done
But hope sprung
When least expected
Can’t say it is all perfect
But little girl
Know this and this alone
Our Father in heaven
Sees all and cares for all
Just stand up and give Him recognition

By Mark David Grijalva Peres
Copyright©️✝️2013MDGP

No comments:

Post a Comment