Tuesday, April 18, 2017

That Moment...

Hold me
I feel like
I can no longer stand
The sight of this life
That's holding me up...
I hang my head in shame
And no one is to blame
But me...
On my knees I find resolution
But when I rise
My self demise is waiting
As it swings its fists
Punching my lights out
And making me
Feel so much pain...
I have tamed such things
But within seconds
They run lose and rampart
All over again...
You rose to rise me
But my flesh eats away
At the breath of life
Leaving strife...
I see their eyes
Day after day...
And hope hope floats
Their pain away
As I have hoping for so many years..
When I reach that point of accomplishment
It tumbles down like the childhood blocks
I once so proudly stacked
No one knows what I know
No one feels what I feel
As I can not understand
Why this or that triggers you...
But I can only carry on
With my own two hands
With my own two arms
With my own two legs
And this messed up back...
I know I am not alone
I know many of you feel the pain
Caused by others and self...
Almighty we can do
Is hope that when our eyes open
To the ring of a buzzer
Or the light shining from the heavens,
To gain the strength
To start all over again...
Hoping hope will float
Us to the top
And never let us drown again...
Lord hear my laments,
Lord hear their laments
Lord hear my cries
Lord hear their cries
And help us overcome
What was already won
At the Cross of Calvary.

Amen

Mark David Grijalva Peres
Copyright©️✝️2017MDGP

No comments:

Post a Comment