Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 10, 2016

There are times we don’t have the means
To do that which we want
Or even that which we need
This does not make us any less
But hungrier than others
Hungry to grow
Hungry to know
Hungry to succeed
Which if not careful
Can lead to ways
That satisfy the quick fixes
But not the overall long term life
Leaving strife and sorrow
In which one will not be able to borrow
Even an ounce of peace or joy
Instead constant bickering of the soul...
Success is not a bad thing
Being hungry tells us we need to eat
But what entwines us to the negative side
Are the lies of greed
The lies of pride
The lies of self demise...
We all want, we all desire, we all need...
We all have those times 
When we don’t have the means
To that which is necessary in today's society...
But worry not, for God is never far...
He is waiting to hear from you
To supply all your needs...
Which reminds me of a song I grew up listening to:

"Jehovah Jireh
My provider
His grace is sufficient
For me, for me, for me

Jehovah Jireh
My provider
His grace is sufficient
For me

My God shall supply all my needs
According to His riches in glory
He will give His angels
Charge over me

Jehovah Jireh cares for me, for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me" 
Written by Merla Watson

May God Bless your day
As we continue striving to be more like Christ Jesus 
And less Like the world.
Amen.

Mark David Grijlava Peres

No comments:

Post a Comment