Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 3, 2016

Dear God,

Nothing seems
As it is...
"Being" many times
Feels so alone
Even though 
I do know
You are there
And everywhere...
My mind wanders
Getting torn up
On barb wired fences
Or trampled by the feet
Of those that say they love
Love what?
What they believe is
And should be?
I recall being told as a kid,
One day I would understand
When I became older...
I am older, approaching 42
And still awaiting the keys
To opening the doors
And understand the Y
To the what? The who? The where? and the When?
Until then... I keep walking
Sometimes in circles
I know huh?
What a waste of time
But I often have said this...
"The blind leading the blind"
No one truly has all the answers
But you 
And as the few dollars in my account read:
"In God We Trust"
Oh,  this I must...
Until I turn to dust once again.
Give me strength, give me guidance
Give me joy, give me love
To walk the line
And not in circles
Of my own self demise...
Thank you God,
My sweet Dearest of all.

Mark David Grijalva Peres

No comments:

Post a Comment