Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 14, 2012

Undoubtedly awful…
What the news can bring
From actions unforeseen
Selfishness roaming with
Unpredictable results
On a fine peaceful morning
Who does this?
I have asked myself
As others shake their heads
The slaying of the innocent
The crushing of so many hearts
I am frozen in time
As so are many others
And the saddest thing of all is
The ones who must live thereafter
Without the touch of their child
And other loved ones
Without the not knowing
What could have been?
Just what if?

In the hands of the unstable
We have lost little souls
And others who have lived longer
My words are limited
While my brain cannot fathom
Or comprehend at all
That which was lost
In the early AM
Of today
Why? Why? Why?
Must the innocent
Have to die!!!
A touch of peace now
To fill up the hearts
Which were emptied
By the hands of the unstable

My prayers and heart go out
To those left behind

By Mark Grijalva Peres

No comments:

Post a Comment