Monday, October 9, 2017

Love Never Dies... It Transforms.

Remember when you loved me
For who I was
Not for who you asked me now to be...
It was grand, you admired me
Not the person you planned
I would become...
So you wonder why I am done
Done waiting for a dream
That I had to wake up from
To begin understanding
That love is simply an exchange
From your views
Against mine...
I was too selfish for others
to accept who I was...
I am always thankful
Never hateful
Regardless of how it may seem...
I wish you the best,
For you deserve more
Than you ever wanted me to be...
I am me, I am happy to be me...
Nothing less, growing day by day
On my multiple own terms, not yours.
Don't know if I will ever love again...
But I do know,
I am letting my life begin.

Inspired by a talk I had with a friend...

Mark David Grijalva Peres
Copyright©️MDGP2016

No comments:

Post a Comment