Monday, September 11, 2017

A 2014 Prayer

Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy.   John 16:20

Oh Blessed Yeshua,

Did our blessed Mother not weep Your death, to then rejoice in your resurrection? I question You not, for a servant, a peasant like me has no right to question his King, You my Lord. I have had moments of such sorrow and You have turned them into joy… even though the sorrow at times tries to haunt me… for I know this is the devil who seeks to trap me in the past. I recall a shirt I once wore from one of my favorite Christian rock groups, Bloodgood, and it read: When the devil reminds us of our past, remind him of his future! I know there are so many of Your children, my brothers and sister who are sick, addicted to drugs and lost within a hurtful past… I ask that you send them healing, deliverance and salvation.

Today marks the day that many lost their lives… due to the attacks on the World Trade Center. I recall the morning in which I was getting ready for my day to begin to see the news and watch to my horror the screen and what had happened… tears filled my eyes as my heart grew weary. I pray for their souls of those that lost their lives due to this awful day and those still affected and with us. I pray for those that committed these cruel acts of evil… that they may be forgiven and change their ways, those that are still breathing and for the souls of those who died too.

Every day there are tragic events happening… souls are dying without knowing You my King… and many of us that call ourselves Your children sit and watch. I pray for forgiveness for me and all those who let another brother and sister fall away without telling them about Your love. I pray that we all join together and share Your messages of Faith, Hope and love… so that a revolution of Your Agape Love will make a change. Your will be done, not ours.

I am reminded of a story from a track I read regarding a damaged bridge up the road. It was night time and raining hard.  The bridge had fallen and a man made of flesh and blood had stopped and got off his car as he parked on the side of the road. He knew what had happened and began to see cars coming… would he try and stop the cars by turning on his car and parking with his hazard lights to warn others; try flagging down the drivers to warn them of danger ahead… or would he just sit there and watch the other drivers crash and die, when he could have warned them and saved them from death.
You my mighty King did so by dying on Calvary… a bloody and cruel death to warn us about that bridge up ahead. Teach us to be willing to do the same Yeshua.  That we will stand in the front lines against the enemy and fear not for Yahweh is with us through Your Holy Spirit… just as our brother and sisters are doing so in Iraq, Syria and other countries. Let us not fold to the devils lies and stand on the rock, which is You my King. Let our sorrows be turned into joy and live to serve You as You lived to serve us. Because of You, I can face tomorrow… fill my heart with your serenity and agape love. That I may think before I speak and choose my words wisely. Let me be patient and understanding. I want more of You in me and less of me in me.

Bless my brothers and sister today with whatever trials they may be facing. Let no words or actions of others rob us of Your blessings.

Amen

Your son, your servant, your warrior and Knight,
Mark Grijalva Peres

No comments:

Post a Comment