Friday, September 22, 2017

Forgive to Live

Regret is the cancer of the soul...
She said to me as we spoke
And the words rang deep
Within the caves of my mind
There was echo far within
And I thought and thought
And definitely agreed...
So much regret causes us
To not forgive...
And mostly our own selves...
Because regret eats and eats away
And it is for sure you will not live
As happy as possible with regret
Eating away at your mind
And blaming and shaming self...
I think of Frank Sinatra singing...
“Regrets I had a few, but then again... too few to mention"
We have all done to and have been done to and the chain linked
In circles throughout life
Will continue until we cut
And be linked free from regret...
We have many or “too few to mention"
Either way... all it takes is one
To eat away like a cancer
At your soul, body and mind.
Don't regret... forgive and forget!

Thoughts Upon Thoughts
Mark Grijalva Peres
Copyright©️✝️MDGP2014

No comments:

Post a Comment