Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Ride Never Ends

Watching, observing...
My carousel rotate
Round after round
At the sounds of the lovely music
That at times can be eerie
But irons out to the essence of grace
With so many who have rode on it
Some for long periods of time,
As they had to get off for reasons
That people do...
While others are still on there...
Some have left their ghost
Through memories of yesterday...
Everyone had their spot...
Some like the horses
While others chose lions, giraffes or ostriches...
Some stood near the edge
With intentions to see what they could
And get off quickly for reasons
The reasons some share,
While others don't...
I see images of my jewels
Laughing as I held them safe,
Alike images of my Father
Strapping me tight on my horse,
As He drifted away...
While my mother still cheers for me
Round after round...
Family members near or far,
Have their place,
As old childhood friends do too
And new acquaintances aboard
Hoping they will be there tomorrow
But thankful for their friendship today...
On this, 41 years...
It has not stopped,
Even when I tried destroying it
Because of behavioral tantrums
Of life isn't fair...
The music never stopped...
The carousel kept going
Round and round
As the operator, not being me
Tells me, come on son,
Get back on... it never ends
Until I say it does.

Mark David Grijalva Peres
Copyright©️MDGP2016

No comments:

Post a Comment