Saturday, September 2, 2017

Reminded of This

Reminded of just that,
The event that changed it all
And I could not fully conceive
But received it fully
Until I found myself
Saying good-bye to a lie...
How could it have been
Boy to man
No inbetween
But choices led
By notions
Filled with deceit
Yet never understanding
How I was held together
From my first breath, until now...
The pain, the disease, the sorrow, the abuse;
My choices flawed,
Time after time
Digging my grave deeper
As the worms
Seek my flesh for consumption
But You, You had other plans
And fir this I am grateful...
My stubborn heart
Has relived the sorrow, the pain, the abuse...
Like a cinema playing
Remastered editions
Of classic films...
But I assure you this
That these are not classic
But therefore tragic...
As I pray for release
Time and again...
The feelings of shame
The feelings of grief
The feelings of regret
No! Not now
Or ever again...
You came, You saw, and You conquered
So that I may never let sin reign again
Living with its residual slime
Time after time...
Respect the past, I say
But calls it quits
To live again...
The years have been lived
Through the good times
Through the bad times,
But because of You,
Father God, my Savior Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit... I have been held together,
Allowed to breath
And receive the goodness
Which rises from the ashes...
Reminded of just this...
They will choose
They will rise
They may fall
But You never leave our side.
Thank You.

Mark David Grijalva Peres
Copyright©️✝️2017MDGP

No comments:

Post a Comment